Can they take my whole ssdi check if I made $200 over the allowed amount?

• Judith

Yes they sure can.  If you've completed the 9 month trial work period and you earned over $1260 a month and were determined to be gainfully employed then, after the completion of the trial work period, you are not entitled to a benefit for any month in which you've earned $1260 or more.  If you don't like that then watch what you earn and don't earn $1260.  $1260 is considered to be gainful employment.  You are not entitled to a DISABILITY benefit if you are gainfully employed.

You can download the pamphlet "What You Need to Know When You Get Social Security Disability Benefits."  Pay particular attention to the information regarding the extended period of eligibility and you might want to google that as well as it might go into more detail.

And if you read the notices you receive from social security, particularly the notice they sent you after they did the work review, you would have known that.

I was a SS claims rep for 32 yrs.

• Sure can if you make a habit of it. Once, likely not. 4 or 5 times you bet on it.