stock GENIUS ?

ok, hear me out im 18 and i have a lil over 10k in the market rn , if i put an options trade in for hertz worth 3k for the next year and a half with a premium of .10 cnts and  with a break even of $15 dollars , hoping the stock would get up to 16-17 dollars . id get 300 contracts worth 30k shares  witch equals 3k , IF the stock goes back to normal averaging anything NEAR 20 dollars  nor 17 dollars i should get around 500k return by next year. i know this is most likely NVR gonna happen but airline stocks more than doubled with in a month back in April UAL was at 19.02 in may 7th and one month later it was at 42 . so it gives me hope that its possible , now its a HUGE homerun  but i make 30k a year off of stocks anyway at 18 ( i had a joint account at 16) im willing to throw away 3k to possibly get 500k if it rebounds . thoughts ?   

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know.  Hertz finished the week at a buck 32.  It's a long climb to 15 bucks in a market with little business travel and no vacation travel during the plague.  Then there is the election which will sway the market one way or another.   I don't know if I'd put a lot into an unhealthy company in uncertain times.  But rich guys are the ones who take chances so good luck to you

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You're an idiot. And you will lose your money.

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Hertz lost a lot of its fleet in a Florida fire.  That makes it different than an airline.  I would not do this, but it's only 3K and it sounds like you don't need that 3K to live.  Good luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.