stock GENIUS ?

ok, hear me out im 18 and i have a lil over 10k in the market rn , if i put an options trade in for hertz worth 3k for the next year and a half with a premium of .10 cnts and  with a break even of $15 dollars , hoping the stock would get up to 16-17 dollars . id get 300 contracts worth 30k shares  witch equals 3k , IF the stock goes back to normal averaging anything NEAR 20 dollars  nor 17 dollars i should get around 500k return by next year. i know this is most likely NVR gonna happen but airline stocks more than doubled with in a month back in April UAL was at 19.02 in may 7th and one month later it was at 42 . so it gives me hope that its possible , now its a HUGE homerun  but i make 30k a year off of stocks anyway at 18 ( i had a joint account at 16) im willing to throw away 3k to possibly get 500k if it rebounds . thoughts ?   

• Robert
    Favorite Answer

I don't know.  Hertz finished the week at a buck 32.  It's a long climb to 15 bucks in a market with little business travel and no vacation travel during the plague.  Then there is the election which will sway the market one way or another.   I don't know if I'd put a lot into an unhealthy company in uncertain times.  But rich guys are the ones who take chances so good luck to you

You're an idiot. And you will lose your money.

• fcas80

Hertz lost a lot of its fleet in a Florida fire.  That makes it different than an airline.  I would not do this, but it's only 3K and it sounds like you don't need that 3K to live.  Good luck.