craig asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Airline cancelled my flight UK?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could answer my question as I am getting so much conflicting info online

I’ve contacted the airline but they said there is a 3 week delay on a reply. 

So I booked a flight to Cuba direct with an airline from London to Cuba with a layover in Spain and same on the return flight.

Just had an email saying my flight has been cancelled and they have rescheduled my flight to 2 days earlier.

Their email to me says I can either accept the new flight or have a credit to use on a different flight

Am I entitled to a full refund or not?

Some articles say online that if they have offered an alternative then they don’t have to refund

I’m confused.

P.s my flight has a layover in Spain which the foreign office state you should not travel to 

They told you exactly what you are entitled to.

That is flying out two days earlier or a credit for a future flight.

Nowhere does it mention a refund.

What airline?

Where did you book the flight from?

• hihi!

I had similar and the RE-BOOK was cancelled as well. I told the airline I only wanted a refund. BUT they did not offer a rebook immediately. It was 2-3 days after the cancellation. I also began debit card reversal of charges at our credit union.  

• The airline's first priority is to get you to your destination.  They have offered to take you there two days earlier.  You will find that their contract terms allow them to do this, so they are not obliged to give you a refund.

If you remain in the transit lounge in Spain and do not go through passport control, you are not considered to have been in Spain.  FCO advice doesn't apply and it doesn't invalidate your insurance.

Seems that they are only offering you the earlier flight, or credit - not a refund.

Flying outward to Spain would not mean quarantine, unless Cuba has the requirement. Coming back would be subject to UK rules at the time.