Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

My dog has been feeling very sick, and i don't know what to do?

My dog has been feeling off for the past week and a half, she was throwing up in the beginning, but it has happened before, mainly if she over eats, so we weren't too concerned. But then the vomiting stopped and she seemed to get worse. she's weak, she doesn't eat or eats very little and immediately goes for the toilet and even then doesn't do much, it's small, and almost diarrhea like. And today we noticed that she started to limp a bit. I should mention that she's very aggressive towards new people so that's why we put off taking her to the vet for so long. She has had all of her shots done and as much as we tried to get her to take necessary pills, she would spit them right back out even though we tried disguising them, I don't know what to do, what could it be and is it something as serious as i think it is?

Update:

i reread the post and realized i left couple of things out, first of all i had already booked an appointment way before writing this post, this was just me growing restless by waiting and wanted to know what was to be expected. also dog wasn't sick for a week and a half, she vomited around week and a half ago and then was fine until two days ago when she started to eat less, as soon as she stopped eating and started limping, we booked an appointment.i didn't word the question correctly, sorry

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Bring her to the vet

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Get her to the vet as soon as possible before she gets worse.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

She may have a blockage. Get her to Dr asap 

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The dog needs to go to the vets asap, it is ill and dehydrating and if your dog is reactive towards people you use a muzzle so the vet and the ver staff are safe from being bitten

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Ever heard of a vet

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

if she is difficult with new people then put a muzzle on her when she goes to the vet. ARe you people really poor and can't afford a vet or do you like watching something die.

• Amber
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

This is not the place to be asking for medical advice because no one of here is a trained vet or seen your dog to make a diagnoses. The people on here, myself included, have limited experience with dogs and medical illnesses (compared to a vet) and have no way of doing any testing.

It's time to start spending some money and taking your dog to the vet.

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Vets are very used to nervous or aggressive dogs and know-how to deal with them.

It's very wrong of you to put off taking the dog to a vet,for the reason you state.

You risk your dog dying as the symptoms you describe sound quite serious.

Wrap her 'necessary' pills in some soft cheese which should encourage her to swallow them.

Take her to the vet asap. Like today.

• 1 month ago

Sorry there are no vets on yahoo.  We cannot diagnose your dog, but in that the dog is not better & is PROGRESSIVELY getting WORSE (& lethargic) - you must go to your vet.  

We can instruct you on how to PUSH the pill(s) down her throat if she needs to be given a tranquilizer.  (You other option is a muzzle) if she may bite the vet.

• 1 month ago

She needs a vet, regardless of how she is with people. They will muzzle her. She needs to be seen by a professional ASAP and not left in the hands of strangers on an answer forum. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.