Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Is classical music better than all Rock music (2000 and up)?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Smiley
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

That's subjective, and depends solely on an individuals taste. Not only that, but their knowledge/awareness of artists/composers within both genres. This will form their unique opinion. Therefore, everyone's definition of "better" will differ in this sense. Perhaps asking which they prefer would be more appropriate.

For me, I have thousands upon thousands of rock albums and ditto for classical.

As for rock and classical in general, I will say I enjoy both equally. However, post 2000 rock can be hit 'n miss for me. A lot of derivative nonsense that I tire of quickly. This has nothing to do with "sucking at finding good music", Lol. It's more a matter of taste, as I've heard loads of post-2000 rock music. Some of which others might enjoy very much.

So with regards to the post-2000 comparison, classical will tend to hold my interests more. That said, I still wouldn't use "better" to describe something that's apples vs oranges, subjective, and more personal opinion based.

• 1 month ago

I enjoy ALL forms of Music. 

• 1 month ago

For what you know no doubt, from what I know not a bleedin' chance! 

Not my fault you suck at finding music.

• 1 month ago

That is subjective. There is no objective answer that can be proven or disproven. Personally, I prefer rock music 2000 and more recent over classical music by a wide margin.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ramiro
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Classical music is dope in general 👍

• 1 month ago

Classical music will always be my favorite.  I began training as a concert pianist at the age of 7, so it will always be special for me.

• 1 month ago

IM GUESSING YES.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.