Liam asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 month ago

Doctors appointment ?

Dose anyone know if at 17 you can book a  doctors appointment on your own just for a doctor to listen to your heart 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

A seventeen year old can book a doctor’s appointment on their own for a doctor to just listen to their heart.

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No problem in Britain.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can book a doctor's appointment anytime you like, they won't just listen to your heart.

• 1 month ago

State laws vary, but I'm 16 and book my own appointments all the time. The only issue I've had with that is that I couldn't get acupuncture at the physiotherapist because my parents hadn't signed a form. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • GA41
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think you can.  You might consider going to an urgent care facility.  You can just walk in.  However, you should be prepared to pay for the visit in advance, or have your insurance information.  Also, if the doctor determines you need treatment, you would probably have to have your parents consent.  A lot of Gyms or pharmacies have a free automatic blood pressure machine which will take your blood pressure and pulse.  You may want to use this free service first.  If your blood pressure and pulse are good, it may give you the assurance you are looking for.

• Yes you can.  If you're under 18, the doctor may tell your parents.  Alternatively, record your heart, put it on facebook, put a link on Y!A and we'll all listen to your heart.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.