Is a 30 minute interview a good or bad sign?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

At the end of the interview (of any length) you should have been informed of the next steps.  You, yourself should follow up afterward with a short note thanking them for the interview.  I can make a brief recap of how your qualifications are a good fit for the job.  Then ask what the next step is.  It is a good sign they haven't ruled you out yet.

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It all depends on the job/position and what the employer is looking for.

• 1 month ago

Yes, it is surely a good interview. If an interview is half an hour-long, then it is long enough to get selected. Hiring managers usually schedule a half-hour interview for a candidate they want to hire. If you lasted the full 30 minutes, you know that you answered the questions well.

• 1 month ago

It's only good in that they are considering you. Not everyone gets offered an interview.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

First, second or third ? I've had some run 45 minutes, where they only had 1 round of interviews. Did the conversation move long, or did it go round and round on a single or small number of subjects ?

• 1 month ago

generally speaking, the duration of an interview is not that important.  Also generally speaking, you should have a gut feeling that your interview went well.  Since you are asking this question that suggests maybe it did not go so well.  Sorry.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Neither means you're either the person, chosen or not.

• 1 month ago

That depends. If your interview was 30 minutes and someone else's at the same place was longer, then it's probably not such a good sign. But for most jobs, it's probably okay. Most interviews are about that long. It really depends on the job. 

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would say that's typical.  especially if it's a phone interview.  but even in person i would say that's average.  my interviews i've done have ranged from 15 min to half a day with various people at once.  

• 1 month ago

There are no signs, even when they say you got it. The sign you got it is when you start.

• 1 month ago

30 minutes seems like a reasonably good length for an interview, I think. I would say it's a good sign.

If you were not the employee that they were looking for, they could have said "thankyou, goodbye" after 10 minutes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.