Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

What happens to me after my period? ?

I’m 16. This usually occurs a week (sometimes 2 wks) after my period. It will happen for about 3 days. I’m constantly anxious and nervous all day, I can hardly eat anything at all, and I get these strange flashes where for about 20-30 second I can’t concentrate at all. Nothing is clear and I feel almost shaky. When that happens I’m the most anxious. I can’t speak clearly and it’s like I have a brain fog. After about 30 seconds it goes away and I’m fine for a while. This happens every now and then for about 3 days, then it goes away until about a week or so after my first period. Does anyone know what’s going on? I remember it starting a little after getting my period so it has to be something with that. Any help would be beyond appreciated, thank you!! 

I take vitamins for teen girls as well as 1 iron supplement everyday

• Tavy

Sounds like an extreme reaction to ovulation.

• Liz

I wonder if you are becoming anemic (low iron) after your period. Talk to your doctor and ask them to run a blood test to see.