Found out I'm pregnant should I continue boxing? ?

I do boxing every Thursday, would it be okay for me to do it if I am pregnant or should I quit?

I'm sorry I ment classes not actually fighting... >.< 

So it sounds like I might be able do much more than I initially thought... 

Favorite Answer

I sparred once a week my entire pregnancy. Got hit in the stomach like once or twice a month. No big deal just ment I wasn't guarding and anticipating my opponents moves right. 

You shouldn't have any problem continuing with classes provided that their isnt any medical condation. 

Also I did some sparring matches thought my pregnancy. I got like 3 different times in the belly but dident really hurt and the baby turned out fine. Theirs tougher than we give them credit for and their well protected also.

• LizB

As long as you're practicing with a bag and not sparring, it's probably fine as long as you're comfortable and your OB/midwife has no objections. Most pregnant women can continue exercise routines they were already doing, just at reduced intensity, or with modifications as body shape changes. With boxing the one thing you'll just probably want to keep in mind is that joints loosen the later you get into pregnancy, which can make you more prone to injury, so don't push yourself to discomfort. Fortunately, pregnant bodies are pretty good at telling us when we're doing something we shouldn't.

• J

Boxing is absolutely not safe for pregnancy. How could you possibly think taking punches to the gut could be ok?

• Barry

If common sense prevails you should quit. You can still keep fit with exercise but boxing has to be a no no.