Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Have Batman movies gotten to dark and violent to be enjoyable?

I dont want to sound lame but back in my days Batman movies and comics were fun. The fight scenes had cool captions like 'BANG' 'POW' 'BOOM'

Entropy thanks for adding the video 👍

Favorite Answer

And Batman never dances anymore.  Remember the Bat-tusi?  I won't be satisfied with the next Batman movie unless Robert Pattison sparkles AND he does the Bat-tusi.

(go to about 2:50)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYA8Gr5NTY

Youtube thumbnail

• i think so,  they need to go back to basics and keep them a little simple and more entertaining.

There is room for sophistication and other things but I think take whats worked in the past and try to do it again but with afresh approach.

The cinematic feel to a movie from years gone by seems to have gone I feel.

Yes. I refuse to watch batman vs superman. It's too dark and I cannot stand the actress playing wonder woman, or the guy playing superman, or ben Affleck as batman. Horrible ideas. 

Yes it's too dark now and violent. 

• Adam D

I feel the opposite, I like the darker version.  It is unrealistic to think that a vigilante with no superpowers could successfully take on organized crime (and often villains with superpowers) without killing anyone.

The need for Batman arises out of the conditions in Gotham.  The entirety of the city has become kind of like the bad part of most big cities.  DC is big on wanting people to look at the heroes as symbols.  If you want sunshine and rainbows, stick with Superman films, he's the symbol of hope.  Batman isn't a symbol for the average citizen, he's a symbol for the bad guys.  A dark set of wings in the night, the violent reprisals coming for those who've turned Gotham into what it is.

Well it really depends. I do agree that the batman movies have gotten a bit too serious (I think the dark knight trilogy was perfect) but sometimes that can help the movie. Just think about how Joker (a masterpiece) would have turned out with that old joker. 

I think you have the success of Batman The Animated Series to blame for this!

• LilyRT

agree.  I just can't get into a superhero movie that takes itself too seriously.  you're in tights for god's sake.   you've got to be a little self aware of the silliness of the situation.

I think they just did too many of them, too fast. 

I'm  Batman'ed out.   and for Gods sake............give the Joker a REST already.  

I don't need a new Joker movie every damn year. 

"I dont want to sound lame"...too late. I bet you typed this out on a typewriter while wearing an Adam West Batman Suit. 

I don't know really