Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 month ago

Why money make people mean?

I get that you work your heart out but still have to pay taxes everyone has to pay taxes but atleast the government is using the taxes to make something good out of it like making social security for the old people & people that has heath problems but then most people still get mad about that they give no care in the world but making money for there self.

• Erik

Maybe some people feel that they take too much.  The government just spends and spends.

If I earned a hundred thousand dollars, I could give 30% of it to my mother. She'd have $30k. If the government takes $30k in taxes, they might give $10k of it to my mother. They'll take the rest and spend it on crap. They'll dump money into stupid research studies, or foreign aid to countries that hate us, or any other number of bad things. So it isn't that people are mean and stingy. It's that they want to use their money in the best way to do the best for the most people.

After the foolish decision to stop payroll taxes social security isn't going to be funded. Money doesn't make all individuals mean. Ppl complain about taxes for different reasons, but if they have there's adjusted right probably be less complaining