Is it wrong to buy a light saber when you're 27?

I went to a store to pick up something for my nephews 12th birthday, I bought him a millennium falcon lego ship because he's a massive starwars fan and I saw this awesome light saber. I always wanted one when I was a kid so I took it of the shelf turned it on and carried out a couple of moves, it was awesome the lights changed and the sound effects a d it cost me about 80 euro. So I have a very excited nephew his gift and decided against telling my girlfriend I bought myself a light saber. I was reenacting a scene from revenge of the sith and got a bit carried away I said "I've waited for this a long time my little green friend" and swung at a chair. I heard my name being shouted followed by "what the hell?" and a big lecture about how she doesn't want to date a child and a load of questions about where it came from, I luckily thought quick and said I found it in my parents attic. We then had an argument about it because I felt I should be allowed have it and do what I want in my spare time but now I'm on the couch and I'm thinking maybe she was right, I mean it is kind of childish but is it any different than her and her teddy bears? Idk, what do ye think? I have a good job and a degree so thers nothing to worry about in that department, idk, maybe she has a bad day or something, I honestly don't see the problem. 

Favorite Answer

Yes,

At 27 you be 3d modeling and printing one instead. That commercial stuff always looks super cheesy.

She should be more respectful to your hobbies and interests. If you like this stuff then that's part of who you are, you shouldn't try to change that and neither should she. She should like you for who you are, not for who she wants you to be. You'll only become bitter and miserable repressing your personality instead of expressing it. Besides there's no harm in it, it's fun and goofy and imaginative, she shouldn't be taking it so seriously.

F@£k No. Im 24 and i want ashoka Tanos lightsabers from clone wars. No buying them because my Pop vinyl collection is already getting out of hand. Just do you 🤷‍♀️

at 43 I'd only buy a custom made one.

• GF

No, who can say when you'll need it. Things happen in life.

• Rick

A better response from her would have been to smile and roll her eyes as she walked away.  We all have an inner child in our ears from time to time.  Thank God!  She needs to lighten up.  Talk to her about it.  Maybe she was just kidding, etc.??