USB thumbdrive keeps detecting, but going down as soon as it detects, then detects again, etc.?

It keeps detecting, then going down, then detects again, then goes down again...and keeps on repeating that, what's going on? By the way it works perfectly fine in other computers, but in this one, it just can't seem to keep the connection

No. It's FAT32, and It was working well in this PC for months, it only just stopped working yesterday, but still works in my laptop

It also makes the "MY PC

" keep refreshing

Ironically it's now working again. After I shut down my PC and restarted it, it's now working again. Weird. Must have been a software issue

They jack, or the plug, are loose.

• keerok

Try another USB port. If that still doesn't work, there is no sense fighting it. The USB drive is incompatible with your computer.

Is this one computer configured differently than the others?  If the USB is set to NTFS and the computer does not recognize it, it won't actually read it, just find it.  You can also try updating the USB controller driver