Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Want to get a pixie cut, parents wont allow it?

I'm a girl and I really want a pixie cut. Not for fashionable reasons, just simply because i'm so lazy and my hair gets in my way, plus I think it  would be easier to manage. My dad is super conservative/traditional and absolutely hates pixie cuts on girls/long hair on guys aswell. I don't know what to do, he is so hard to reason with. My mom also doesn't really like the idea, but I could convince her. Even if I do get a pixie cut, my dad will judge the hell out of me and probably call me a lesbian.. ;-; Help? XD

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Kate
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Wow, I have had Pixie cuts since the 1960's. Love them and at age 70 still have them done. Unfortunately some people think that to be a "proper" girl you have t have long hair. Not sure how old you are but when you are old enough you can decide for yourself.

• If that's what will make you comfortable, do it. Go to the salon by yourself & get it done. Your parents will just have to suck it up!

• 1 month ago

yes i love it! get the haircut

Attachment image
  • camray
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Just tell your dad that getting a pixie cut does have the benefit of also cutting down on the number of guys that will be sniffing around looking to defile you. He should appreciate that. Short haircuts on women are called BCCs. Birth Control Cuts. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

save your money move out and cut it than

• See if they will allow you to cut your hair a bit shorter, but not in a pixie cut. Those are traditionally super short hair cuts, they can take a few years to grow out. Tell them you want a more manageable hair style. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Pixie cuts are ugly. Don't do it.

• 1 month ago

Just cut your hair how you want, it's your hair anyways and not theirs. 

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not going to work. I highly doubt you will change your dad’s mind. 

Best you can do is pull it back in a braid or pony tail. Wash it and pull it back. 

When you are old enough and on your own do as you please. I see that many girls cut their hair once they go off to college. They  are ready for a change and away from home.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do it. 

As a straight warm-blooded heterosexual man... pixie cuts are HOT!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.