how to get out of co-sign agreement?

boy friend bought me the car,{$60,000} i cosigned,i was to pay $250.00 a mo. to him  for  car payment ;now he does not want to pay his part . it was a verbal agreement.  what can i do.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

That's the bad feature of co-signing. Once you've done that you are legally responsible for any and all future payments that he defaults on. I would highly recommend that you remember this and never co-sign for anyone again.

• 1 month ago

You made a bad decision and now,  you are screwed.   Co-signing  means the loan is yours.    You 'borrowed' the money and are responsible for the entire loan if your boy friend doesn't.    If you didn't make multiple mistakes,  then you are on the title and could possibly sell the car.....     Your best option may be to let the bank take the car and then pay off the remainder.  In any event,  your credit rating and love life will take a major hit.   A good lesson.

• garry
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

would you co-sign for a car you dont drive , or own yourself  ? maybe you should be a co-signer for a bill you have to pay off but cant drive or own it outgight .

• 1 month ago

Oh right--he bought a car for SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLARS with a co-signer. That's the most bullcrap thing I've ever heard. And the payments were $250/month? Another piece of bull. This is so badly made up it smells. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

you agreed to it, you are just as responsible for payments as he is. if he can't make the payments or refuses, then YOU need to make payments. Don't bother him for payments if he can't or wont make them, that is harassment and you can be arrested. You signed the deed therefore YOU are responsible for it. Get your act together and make a payment, your boyfriend probably has another girl and is driving her around in the new car you cosigned for him. 

• 1 month ago

Kiss your car goodbye.

• 1 month ago

Find another boyfriend to buy you another vehicle. 

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Give up the car and get a less expensive one.

• 1 month ago

Let the loan company take the car back. 

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

lawyer time ..................................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.