Computer won't connect wirelessly only connects to Ethernet connection?

Okay so ive been messing with this computer since last night and ive been trying to set up wifi boosters/repeaters but in order to do that i need to temporarily connect the computer wirelessly but when I try to connect to other wireless connections nothing shows up or happens. The only connection is wants to go through is ethernet connection doesn't give me the option to connect wireless at all. Ive tried enabling the network sharing setting in my settings but nothing happens with that either. This is extremely frustrating and im ready to give up so any help is appreciated. 

• keerok

Your computer's wireless capability may not be set up correctly or damaged. The router may not also be configured to connect to your computer wirelessly.

• opurt

Are you connected wired? If so, unplug it because that will generally take priority over a wireless connection.

• Dze

you 'do' need a wireless adapter first .. if you dont have one get a cheap usb wireless dongle ...