Canada study permit extension?

Hi everyone! So I’m leaving Canada at the beginning of October due to family emergencies, and I am still studying online while waiting for my study permit extension to arrive. It doesn’t look like it is going to arrive while I am in Canada. I am also moving out of the place I’m staying at, as I do not get along with my roommates at all and they are selfish idiots. I am worried I will be abroad when my study permit arrives and I will have no way of getting it. Will I still be able to get back into the country if I don’t have it when entering? I don’t know what to do about this dilemma.... Thanks in advance 

2 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    You must have a proper currently valid student visa to reenter Canada. However, you are not studying in-person on-campus at present, and are not eligible for any student visa or extension. When you are ready to return to school (if you return to campus instead of finishing up online), apply at your nearest Canadian consulate to obtain your new student visa. You must prove you are reenrolling for full-time on-campus studies.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Inform immigration of your address where you will be living as you need the visa to reenter the country

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.