Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 month ago

Do people laugh at those who work fast food?

Teens and adults?

Do they think they are better?

Is this a huge reason on why to stay in school and why it is better not to rush into a job?

They don't laugh at them, but they will use this as an excuse to treat them badly. Everyone knows that there's no money in flipping burgers, and it's not considered to be an acceptable way to earn a living, much less a path to a permanent career.

Anyone that works for a living has my respect, but...that doesnt mean I agree that a high school kid that flips burgers for a few hours a week should be making $15.oo/hr. Its an entry level position when someone is just entering the work force, not a career. Sure, stay in school and learn as much as you can, but dont kid yourself...nobody is going to start you out at the top.  

• Fred

I don't laugh or look down on people who work at fast food outlets.  These people are the go getters in life who realize any job is better than no job.  The losers are those who wont work as they feel some jobs are below them.

As Bill Gates giving lectures to high school students says their grandparents would have seen working at MacDonald's as an opportunity not an embarrassment.  We all have to start work somewhere and we are never going to start at the top and most of us will have to start at the bottom and work our way up.

Likely people who are seeking work and have working at a fast food restaurant when young on their resume will be seen as the go getters and more likely to be given a job than someone who did nothing when young as they felt working there was below them.  People who have "standards" and will not do more menial work when young will be seen as the losers by the future employers. 

When I go into MacDonald's and see the young people working I don't see losers, I see the future workforce starting out towards a life of employment.  I see the people who refuse to do these jobs as the losers.

I think they're overworked and underpaid. Having to take orders, cook food, take care of Uber Eats/Grubhub drivers, online orders, etc. Definitely worth $15/hour!!

There is nothing wrong with someone who works in fast food, at all. Somebody has to do it, or there would be no fast food. 

Not gonna lie, there are people out there who think that they are better than people who work in fast food, but not every one is like that, I didnt work in fast food but i have worked in convenience stores since i have been 18, while yes i was going to college I'm just gonna say it like this, you literally never know what is going to happen so you want a job even if youre in school and even if you are going to school, even if its only part time.

It's good to stay in school, and make good grades, go to college if you choose to but you dont have to that is up to you.

Not even going to lie though any one who works with the public have to deal with alot of different things, 

There are people who dont realize that they shouldnt treat people like that because if nobody worked in fast food, gas stations, or even restraunts if nobody did it then there would not be a way to get things because everything would be closed.

It takes all types to keep a system functioning, and each person is essential to maintain the system. I'm not sure how people who look down on fast food workers, cashiers, and other customer service providers think those parts of society would operate without people working those jobs. You don't get to shame the McDonald's crew while you are ordering your Big Mac you know? 

• edward

I’m thankful we have people working there...i’m hungry!

No I don't. Any person working for a living gets two thumbs up. Three if I had them!!!

Including you collage students riding their parents and schools and tax payers backs. Please help to make this world a better place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you all!

I am going to be honest with you - 20+ years ago when I had a good admin job it was only people who had no education and could do nothing else that got a job in the fast food places but few years ago when I was made redundant and couldn't get another admin job I applied for a job in fast food place and didn't even get an interview because I didn't have a university degree, so it shows how much jobs and peoples thinking has changed, I eventually got a part time cleaning job and back in the days I would have looked down my nose at a cleaner but beggars cant be choosers, as for a huge reason to stay on at school yes because any job will take the person with the highest university degree  - My 13 year old granddaughters ambition is to get a job In McDonalds when she leaves school, lol

• Murzy

Get a good education and you won't have to work at a low paying job.