Do you think the World was a better place to live in before the internet?

Favorite Answer

Being old enough to clearly remember the pre-internet world, I think both have pros and cons. The endless information at the click of a mouse and constant bombardment of news, ads, videos, porn, etc can be very mind-numbing and destructive to those who don't know how to handle it. At the same time, there is no limit to the amount of knowledge that can be gained. Personally, I think going outside, getting muddy, playing in the swamp, getting banged up and bruised is better than staring at a screen all day. 

No - people just didn't know about the bad stuff. But it still happened.

Yes. Before cellphones and home computers it was even better. People actually spoke to each quite often.

• joss

I think the world was a better place to live in before the internet. 

You could make more money buying and selling and that's certain.  These days there are too many people after the same item and that's raised prices. 

When we had a large classified add section in the newspapers there were bargains to be had and we made lots of money trading in cars and motorcycles. 

The world was a better place to live in, before I was here.

• gerald

Its best to think of an old adage a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing , we have too much knowledge and intead of working and studying hard like our ancestors its at the click of a button and in dangerous hands sometimes ,