Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 5 days ago

If you are living with adult children how do you all handle privacy issues?

and also when the adult children have their spouses over how do you handle that situation without it being awkward.

4 days ago

What?  Your adult children live with you, separate from their spouses, but their spouses visit them in YOUR home?

I think privacy is the least of your problems.

My adult children are, in fact, adults, and they live with their spouses in their own home.  I'm not running a brothel.

• 5 days ago

adult children who are married and "have their spouses over" should be living with their spouse not their parent. How I would handle it is by saying go live with your spouse.

• 5 days ago

We sat down as adults and had a big discussion on this.  We agreed to providing scheduled alone time and also added additional soundproofing to all the rooms and improved the sound systems to better mask any escaping sounds.

• 5 days ago

Once you accept that parents or children have the same needs and desires as you do then it is no longer awkward.  It is those with some weird notion of keeping everything secret that have problems.  On the Great Victorian Bike ride we are all in tents very close to each other.  My friends can hear our nocturnal activities and tease me about them.  But they are also jealous and envious of our loving relationship so it is all good-natured. People should be able to understand that adults of any age actually do enjoy sex.