Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 days ago

Does anyone else think Covid 19 was overblown more then swine flu in 2009?

• 4 days ago

No its not overblown but trump always plays it down he still likes playing it down

• Caesar
    4 days ago

Health experts had warned that a new global pandemic would inevitably emerge in the not-so-distant future resulting in a much deadlier virus than Swine flu 2009. And so their predictions have finally become a reality a decade later as the world struggles to deal with the unprecedented social, health, and economic fallout of the coronavirus pandemic.

Let see 6,571,867  COVID confirmed cases, 196,000 Americans deaths.  Swine flu in 2009 estimates there were 60.8 million cases and 12,469 deaths in the United States due to the virus... math and death in Trump University are different no wonder Trump University bite the dust after Trump had agreed to pay $25 million to settle

• 4 days ago

The hospital I went to tried to get me to sign a document that stated I had Covid even though they just finished proving I did not, so that I could be operated on for what I was really suffering from. They still didn't operate on me for what ails me. So I know from that personal experience and other stories from Texas and Florida, that the medical system is corrupt. I think a part of the Covid story is about a Democrat attempt to cause the economy to suffer, along with the Americans who are a part of it.

4 days ago

NO, not even close. The fact that you're even trying to draw that comparison is unbelievably moronic.

• 4 days ago

Swine flu deaths in the US in 2009 was about 12,000 and we quickly had it contained and a vaccine in place.

Covide 19 deaths in the US in just 9 months is just under 200,000 with no vaccine and no containment of the virus.

Overblown?

No.

• Dan
    4 days ago

No. Covid 19 causes alarm in other countries too. 

• Leo
    4 days ago

No one who thinks.

• Yavan
    4 days ago

No, a lot of people died DESPITE the shutdowns.

200 000 is more than the number of American troops killed in Vietnam.

Granted, the dead tend to be in the older age bracket, but still...

And it's far from over.

Covid is a Tyranosaurus Rex. Swine Flu was a baby raptor.

• 4 days ago

Yes.               

• 4 days ago

Not in Sweden, elsewhere, yes.