Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

When atheists say there's no evidence for God, exactly where are they looking?

Because everywhere I look, I see the fingerprints of God.

https://youtu.be/-edjsA_-trE

Youtube thumbnail

Favorite Answer

They are looking at the same world we're looking at, but Satan is whispering in their ear is that all of it came about by accident.

You interpret nature as "fingerprints of God."  We atheists interpret nature as evidence of the laws of nature at work.

They aren't interested in evidence for God because they aren't being honest with their inquiry. What they really are asking is someone needs to produce God so they can actually see him. It's a Leftist mindset, which is why it's so easy for atheists to promote political atheism. It's a mindset that they cannot easily escape. They will be more critical of Christians than they would themselves. They do the same about many things; Climate Change, Trump, whether they like it when cops are murdered by nuts, there seems to be a commonality, a radicalized persona that they never seem to have the sophistication to consider.

Where am I looking? Everywhere, but mainly to those who already believe. You think you see the fingerprint of god everywhere, but you aren t looking everywhere, you blindly ignore things that show no god is around to stop it. And dont give me that free will bull, if god gives man free will then why is god all in mans stuff about when, where, who, why they have sex. God cant have it both ways. Either we are free to do what we want or we arent.

• Ted K

This is stupid, you're not really asking a question, you're just looking for an excuse to post your favorite song.  But ok, I'll play along...

The flaw in your "logic" is that you believed in God BEFORE you looked everywhere.   That belief was your starting point, so that now, "everywhere you look," everything you see is interpreted as being these alleged fingerprints.  But all you're doing is arguing in a circle, committing the classic logical fallacy known as "begging the question."  Whenever acceptance of something as evidence for "X" is wholly dependent upon prior belief--i.e. FAITH--in "X," then it doesn't count as being legitimate evidence.  You're just claiming that it is, after the fact.  Sorry, bubba, that dog don't hunt.

Everywhere I look, whatever i see is evidence only for its own existence.  Just seeing a tree or a cloud or a fish, or even a Jessica Alba doesn't tell me anything about how they came to be. It just tells me they exist.  Same with the bible.  The bible isn't evidence for anything other than its own existence.  Oh sure, it CLAIMS to be the "Word of God," and a lot of people SAY that it is, but what actual evidence is there that proves it actually IS, literally the Word of God:?  There's none.  So it's just another book.

The atheist can only see what the devil wants them to see.  In other words THERE IS NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO WILL NOT SEE

"Because everywhere I look, I see the fingerprints of God."

I don't know what you mean by that unless it is that, you attribute the things you see to having been created by some intelligent entity you call God.

However, there are well supported natural explanations for many of them, and even where we don't have one, it may be that we just have not thought of it, rather than a god necessarily being the answer.

Your evidence is a Christian rock song?  Are you sure you know what evidence is?  

Less jokingly, if you see the fingerprints of God anywhere, much less everywhere, I suspect you are doing is experiencing a sort of Pareidolia only with god instead of faces.  This is the human tendency to see faces everywhere, even when they're not there.  If there's anything with two relatively symmetrical dots and a line, even if they're imperfect, you can't HELP but see a face.  

This is something our brain does automatically because spotting faces is SO important to us evolutionarily.  Perhaps you are doing the same - imaging evidence of god where there is none.  How SURE are you that what you claim is the fingerprint of god isn't just nature?  Nature is really cool on it's own.  It needs no divine help.  In fact, I would argue that understanding it's non-divine reality make it MORE amazing.

For example, did you know that every element in your body heavier than hydrogen up to iron was formed inside a star that has long since died?  You are made of star dust.  Literally.  Isn't that way more amazing than some magic pixie making you so that he could torture you as part of a test that he already knew the answer to because he's omniscient?

You see the rainbow and go "oooh, it's His promise not to MURDER US ALL … well, at least not to use a flood the NEXT TIME He decides to MURDER US ALL."  I see the beautiful of complex mathematics as refraction splits the light wavelengths in a pattern.

Viewing the world through god's eyes is like only viewing it in black and white.  The rest of us have discovered full color vision, and the world is so much more vibrant.  Wouldn't it be better to drop the delusion and live in the real world with us?

Oh?  Do tell, little one.  In this case, we mean objective, credible, verifiable evidence which cannot be explained another way.  That the earth spins, or that the sun comes up isn;t evidence of your imaginary friend, but rather of natural processes which need to skydaddy.  

Atheists have decided not to look for God, which is why they can't see any evidence.

It's so easy.  Really, it is.

Please demonstrate something that could not possibly happen without a supernatural cause.

Everywhere I look I see natural results of natural causes.