Where is the pound sign on a keyboard?

I know the answer should be in a book but I can't find it! I have had a keyboard for a number of years but I have never need the pound sign until now!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Me2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

As you appear to be located in the UK, I presume you want the £ character.  Three methods of using the symbol are (1) copy&paste it from this message; (2) While pressing the ALT key, type 0163 on the numberic keypad, then release ALT; (3) In Microsoft Word or Wordpad, type a3, press ALT, tap the X key, and release ALT.

The # symbol (call it "number sign" to avoid confusion) can be similarly generated — Copy&paste, ALT+35, 23 then ALT+x.

• 3 weeks ago

pound sign is not available for all keyboard.

• 1 month ago

In the US it is usually the upper case 3.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

the pound symbol on a Mac should be £ (option 3), or # (shift 3).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

What Marvinator said...

• 2 months ago

Hold down the ALT key and type 0163 on the NUMBER PAD, not the row of numbers on top of the letters. If you have a laptop, some of the letters should have blue numbers on them. Hold down FN and ALT at the same time and press 0163 on the.

Numbers pad on the bottom right side.

• 2 months ago

search online ... US keyboards do not have it preinstalled ...

• 2 months ago

Press and hold the Shift Key and press the 3 key, which if you look closely, has the "hashtag" also on it.  (Also known as a pound sign, and Octothorpe)  Not to be confused with the 3 on the Keypad on the far right, you want the 3 Key above the 'w' and 'e' keys. 

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Shift 3                             .

• Katy M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's above the 3

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.