Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Do you remember rewinding DVDs before returning them to BlockBuster and HollyWood Video?

Remember the days when you would have to rewind the DVDs before returning them? Now everything is online!!

Update:

I was joking, but for those saying you cant rewind a dvd you can, simply put it in the player and after the movie loads push the rewind button on the remote.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Megumi
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

DVDs have never needed rewinding. It is VHS tapes that must be rewound. I do not see many of them now. 

• 1 month ago

I can remember way back when when VHS home video shops first became popular in the early 80s my local shop would get quite pissed off if u didn't rewind it!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

LOL  You NEVER had to wind DVDs.  They are a disc.  You are thinking of VHS tapes.  You were supposed to rewind them before you returned them.  They kept track, too, and charged you a fee if you didn't do it.

• 1 month ago

Yes, after breaking two VCR's constantly rewinding........I finally got wise and bought a separate rewinder  for like $10 .

One does not "rewind" DVD's- 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Are you confused or joking? You rewind VHS tapes, not DVDs.

I remember rewinding VHS tapes and returning them to local video stores in the 80s.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I used to work at a Blockbusters, got an extra $25 a week out of that one

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes! If you didn't, there was an additional fee.

• 1 month ago

you mean VHS video Tapes

one cannot rewind a dvd disk

• 1 month ago

I certainly do, gosh I sure don't miss those days

• 1 month ago

Yes i do remember.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.