Can I take my old dvd player from vehicle and put in a different one?

I have a 2003 ford expedition and when we bought it, used, the dvd player was broken. Now we want to take the old one out and put in a new one. We would like to buy a newer one that comes with a remote and has a bigger screen. Is this possible or do we have to buy the factory made one?

Sorry but I am not planning on moving a dvd player from one car to another. My goal is to take the broken dvd player out and then buy a new one from a car audio store or website like Rockville audio. 

We've been living in 2020 for 9 months, and DVD's are old school. We're NOT back in the 80's anymore...replace it for the head unit without the DVD input.

Older vehicles had a standard sized hole and you can move stuff easily from one car to another.   NOW they make the stuff unique to a vehicle and you can only pull it out and stick it into another vehicle of the same model.    I myself would not waste time pulling a DVD player and moving it from one car to another. 

Go ask in the Car Audio section.

And, this is something to ask the service department at a Ford store.