Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 7 days ago

I have Oscar Mayer hot dogs and it doesn't have an expiration date on it. How long are they good for? ?

4 days ago

If it's still in the package it has to have one, might be hidden under the front part of wrapper, sometimes they are stamped in places not easy to see. if you threw away package, just feel them and if slimmy they are not good, otherwise should be fine. they last a long time

• 6 days ago

First..the date of anything (other than baby formula) is a "best by, use by, sell by, freshest by" or other designation it is  NOT an expiration date. 

If the package is still sealed I would use within 2 weeks of purchase.  If it has been opened I would not keep it more than 3 or 4 days, longer than that I would have wrapped them and tossed them in the freezer. 

With the amount of preservatives in a processed food like that I am sure I am being overly cautious with the time line.

• kswck2
    6 days ago

Honestly, if they have been opened and in the fridge more than a week, I would throw them away. 

• denise
    6 days ago

Canned, a long time.

Jarred, a long time.

Plastic wrapped [ sealed ] probably about 3 weeks?

• 7 days ago

maybe forever if it dont have a date on it

7 days ago

Cured meat like hot dogs will keep in the refrigerator in an opened package for a very long time.   Like months. 

Once the package is open, you've got about a week-ten days. 

• 7 days ago

They're not good at any time, they carcinogens.  Throw them out and buy some spinach, garlic, potatoes, bitters, aubergine and bottled water.

• 7 days ago

Depends on how you look at it- either forever or never.

• Dze
    7 days ago

theyve found those things in egyptian mummy tombs and theyre still ready to eat lol ...

• CB
    7 days ago

No food has expiration dates they have sell by or use by or freeze by. They are good until they are no longer palatable and that is likely decades with all the salt and other preservatives.