the bottom of my oven is pitted or not smooth.  Is it safe to cook with?

my oven is pitted on the bottom.  Is it safe?

• IvaB
    6 days ago

Well,food is always placed on a rack above the bottom of the oven,so I don't see any problem.I line the bottom with aluminum foil to catch any spill overs,and change the foil when it looks necessary.My oven has slots on either side to let the heat rise,so of course I don't cover those with the foil.

• denise
    6 days ago

Well as long as the food / tray is not on the oven bottom it should be OK.

I have an old oven tray in the bottom of my oven, which I leave in whilst using it, to catch any spills or overflowing dishes and clean it when needed.

7 days ago

What might not be safe about it.

• kswck2
    7 days ago

Meh, it wears with time. You can scrub the hell out of it, but it still will be pitted, depending on its age. Just deal with it. 

• 7 days ago

LOL, mine is a wreck!!!  I cook so much..  Fire it up to max but watch it, it might smoke at first but use common sense it smokes to much turn it off let cool then clean it and repeat..

• CB
    7 days ago

If there are no holes should be fine, unless you make scrambled eggs on the bottom of your oven.