Why do certain drivers go way under the speed limit and brake for no reason?  Are they mentally retarded?

Maybe they are Uber drivers looking for an address in a strange neighborhood, or pizza delivery guy doing the same or visiting relatives who are looking at possible homes to buy by doing a drive by.   Or DRUG ENFORCEMENT officers doing a heat scan of a house to see if they have heat lamps.  You don't know or care, you can't rear end them because it is YOUR FAULT. They were getting a BJ and you are interrupting that...so you know they will be psssd.

.  You should know they did test you to see if you were mentally insane before they allowed you to get your driver's license.  They also checked to see if you were BLIND. or color blind.

. Or their car is suffering problems.  Mine went from 4 cylinder to 2 cylinder because I warped a cylinder head.  The car ran on the flats to 60MPH eventually and I had 500 miles to the nearest repair shop. Leaked out oil the entire distance...so had to keep adding oil.

. It was an interesting run. Charging system also shut down...so battery juice for a day and onto a charger overnight.

. Some people "sight see" as this is a new town to them and they want to see the stuff you take for granted.

. Just TAKE A PILL AND RELAX

their brake lights come on because they are left foot brakers, they can't keep their foot above the pedal at all times w/o it touching the pedal

One that ticks me off is when on a 4 lane divided highway with separate left turn lanes they come to almost a complete stop, STILL in the left travel lane, before merging into the left turn lane.

It has been said that people drive at their abilities. So if they go 4 mph in a parking lot, I guess their reflexes are only good  to that speed. They often have to slip the brake to even go this slowly. So,  a constant brake light in my face.

Drives Me Crazy. My stall speed on the motorcycle is 6 MPH.  I Rev the engine and pass them.

occasionally, you see an old car with a slipping Hydra-Matic two speed. Judge Wopner acquitted an accused speeder when he Drove the old Cadillac, and saw it couldn't do over 35..

Had an  "acquaintance " who would get in L lane on freeway and do 45. This was when speed limit was 55, but, , people would still be doing 65-70. He gave the brake shops a lot of business. I do Not ride with him , anymore. obviously.

@ Anton, there is always a "reason". But often the reason Is Unreasonable--like: "I'm not the one speeding"...

Stop tailgating and they will resume speed.

• F

I don’t mind people driving as slow as they want,  but what annoys me is the ones who dawdle along but as soon as you get to a bit of straight road, it’s foot down so you can’t overtake without being very illegal.

Then end of the straight , back on the brakes and back to 40.

Also annoying are people who aren’t just  content to dawdle , they insist you do too. So they close up so you can’t overtake. Morons.

might be brake checking you because you're tailgating them.

also it depends what the speed limit it, most cars get the best fuel economy in the 45-55mph range. So if the speed limit is 60 and if there are multiple lanes open, I might do 55 in the right lane because it saves gas money. If you're gonna be a fa*got and accelerate around me while slamming rocks into my car, damaging my vehicle then I don't feel bad at all. people who accelerate around other cars and cause rock chips are far worse than people who are driving slightly under the speed limit. me > you

• Rick

maybe afraid of their own shadow ???  ........................

• Anton

No one does anything without reason.  

Drive slow, get an idiot to tailgate, hit the brakes.  Easy money.

Whiplash is big money, cannot be proven.

My Dad used to slow down coming to a traffic light that was green anticipating it was going to turn amber. He pissed off anyone who was behind him. He also would do 45 mph when merging onto the expressway while all the traffic in the right lane was going 70 mph. He sure backed cars up when he "merged"!