Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

What are some reasons why I should or shouldn't vote for Trump?

Update:

@TJ Trump may be your savior, but mine is Jesus Christ. Trump can't save our planet and China can't destroy it, unless God lets it happen. I'm vehemently opposed to communism, but I don't find your argument compelling.

Update 2:

@Anti-Trumpers Your emotions aren't going to sway me either. I wish at least one of you would make a rational argument about his policies instead of a string of insults and exaggerations.

Update 3:

@ennui Thank you for at least trying to be logical. I support a limited government though.

Update 4:

@Socrates I agree with a lot of what you said. You kind of solidified my stance though. I'm strongly opposed to the forever wars. Our meddling in the Middle East is why virtually every country in the world hates us. We should be putting America first, and Trump seems more like the Bret Stephens type, Israel first. His pro-life actions are worth considering him though. Thank you for your input.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

What Trump has done in the last 3 years is turn the economy around, turning it into the strongest economy the country has seen in the last 15 years if not longer (prior to COVID-19), including the lowest Black and Hispanic unemployment on record (again pre-COVID).

His policies allowed the US to become energy independent. This has been due to opening up more area for oil drilling, fracking and some coal production. Resulting in low energy and gas prices. Drawing more companies back to the US because of that.

As the economy reopens, he will apply many of those same economic principles to get the economy humming again (hint: Supply-Side economics. Something that was lost on Obama for all his 6 years of "recovery" from 2010 to 2016) as necessary. He has taken on tough problems other presidents kicked the can down the road on for decades. This includes illegal immigration. It includes trade issues with China on issues like American intellectual property, trade imbalances and too much dependency on them in areas like manufacturing, this now on full display due to COVID-19. He pushed through a major new US, Canadian, Mexican trade partnership (USMCA), eliminating a number of problems with the old one (NAFTA). He has taken a very visible stance with the pro-life movement. He has continued the fight on terrorism. He has not been afraid to take the fight to the sources of terrorism either, like Iran. He's been key in brokering a historic peace deal between Israel and the UAE. All without needing to drag Palestinian issues into it.

Even though the economy, the stock market and American lives in general have taken a serious hit from the coronavirus. The economy is still fundamentally strong thanks to Trump's work over the past 3 years. The market is starting to come back. Although some stocks will be legitimately adversely effected for the near future due to supply chain and travel issues. Even then the travel industry showed greater improvement that expected recently. This fundamental strength is what will help it recover. States are also slowly starting to let business reopen. This, is unlike the crash of 2008, where the economy had systemic problems that needed massive fixing before it could recover.

As for COVID-19, Trump implemented restrictions on travel from China in January. Liberals literally called him "racist" for doing so. They were the ones who still hadn't got a grasp of the danger presented by the Chinese coronavirus yet, not Trump. More travel restrictions from other regions as well as other actions were implemented soon after. Trump has been ahead of the game from the beginning. There has been a bigger effort toward making a vaccine than anytime in American history, with government support. One may actually be ready this year, faster than expected with manufacturing ready to go into high gear to put it out there when it's ready.

He has been an outspoken critic of the violent protests from the beginning (unlike from the Left), even pushing the limits of what he's allowed to do about them himself.

• ennui
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Trump has pushed deregulation that puts so much at risk: land, water, air, humans, and wildlife -- all for the sake of money and jobs. I won't say that jobs aren't important, but the future doesn't seem to mean anything to him. If you care at all about the Earth, the US -- its people, animals, water, air, land -- you'll vote him out. That's just for starters. Here's a site that has a whole list of all the deregulation in the Trump era...

https://www.brookings.edu/interactives/tracking-de...

>>> So, you'd rather have limited government, rather than limited clean water and clean air, unspoiled land, living wildlife and healthier human beings. Well, take a look at that site anyhow. There's a lot on the list. It's not all ecological.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i don't really have the time to write a complete verbose book on all the reasons why Trump has been an awful pos, how long did the bible take to write?,  because that would be a reasonable estimate of how long this could take,  but expect books to be written  about all the negative points of this administartion.....yes that's right it'll be more than 1

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You should vote for him if you are incapable of rational thought, if you are a member of the KKK or if you want a dysfunctional President.

You should not vote for him if you care about anyone but yourself or if you want a President who cares about the country more than himself...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jim2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The main reason not to vote for Trump is that he is the textbook example of a demagogue. This is a political con artist that just wants to get votes, and becomes popular by appealing to the WORST in people: Their hate, fear, bigotry, etc. The Demagogue does NOT care about the country. He only cares about himself and his ego. Demagogues are Machiavellian. They will do anything to get their way. They lie, cheat, steal, whatever. They are narcissists.

I can think of no good reason to vote for Trump. Much of what he has done is create scandal and try to undo everything good Obama has done. He has lied to us about the pandemic, as well as everything else. He is a pathological liar. Biden HAS to be better than Trump. Don't believe the lies, again propagated by Trump, that Democrats are evil and hate America. Trump is evil and does not care one iota about America.

• He is the best president in the last half century. 

His sanctions against Communist China , his policies against Communist China will save our planet. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.