if turn on heating in gas boiler, but only turn on one radiator in flat, does that save gas bills?

seems common sense, but doesn't the same amount of hot water used? so just open all radiators as 1, and costs are same??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Home appliances errors solutions https://bitly.com/3dgeIyf

• JASON
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You're burning less gas, because the hot water isn't diverted to all the other radiators, but it's not good for the house and you may get black mold when warm moist air from the heated room enters the other rooms.

• 1 month ago

it reduces gas bills only if the other rooms will be colder all winter.  if the other rooms end up same temperature [because you move the warm air around with fans, for example], the total heating required does not differ and thus cost does not differ.  -- granddad

• John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

One boiler HP, 970.3 BTU.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yes but you will be cold in the winter. The system will be designed to heat all areas. The sensible way to save money is to turn the thermostat down and wear a woolly jumper. Try setting it at 19 C. Then turn it up a degree at a time if you feel cold.

• 1 month ago

of course it saves on gas bills ..boiler may run for 20 mins to heat 5 rads fully ..circa 5 mins for one rad ..strange thing is ..every body complains about heating cost etc ..but i pay more for electricity than gas for circa 8 months of year ..by changing my light bulbs to LED`S i save £5 a month 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.