FlyInTheOintment asked in PetsCats · 1 week ago

Why does Kitty Shlt on the Floor next to litter box after I refill it, or she will shlt on corner of box or side only? She's very picky ?

I end of having to stir up the litter and for some reason she will than go in it? But every time I refill it, she shlts on floor. 

• 7 days ago

I don't know why the cat does that but I'd get a litter box with a lid to solve this problem and it also keeps that's smell in the box.

• 7 days ago

well their can be several reasons. I have three cats all use the same box. I would recommend at least two boxes for more than 1 cat but it is a job my wife took on. If the box is too small can be an issue. they type of litter might not appeal to the cat. if they consider it dirty they will go close to the box often but not in it. And I have one that is pretty picky. she wants it clean and smell reasonably well. she has actually stood there and waited for it to be used as wife was cleaning it. And the one thing this cat did one day was it kept coming to us until we followed her into the area where her box was an was pacing the floor. then I noticed wife did not put the top on the box as soon as I put it on cat jumped in and not a moment too soon. If you have only the one cat I would suspect that the box has a smell maybe of urine. while it could appear to be clean they have a much better since of smell than we do. We use a scented clumping type but wife adds baking soda often to it, she also periodically emptys and scrubs it out making sure to clean entire top to bottom. trying to keep up with clumps can help to reduce amount of litter used. once it gets to a certain point of use and smell they will look for a second option. try to change the litter to other types and smells etc sounds to me more like either the box or the litter she is not liking much.

• 1 week ago

Try adding a tiny bit of used litter in the middle of the litter box. Just to remind her that is the purpose.

• 1 week ago

Because cats arent really "trained" to use a box.

Cats toilet where they WANT....   They just generally prefer to toilet somewhere that they can easily dig and bury their waste.

• PR
    1 week ago

Get a larger box. Some cats just don't fit in the box, or don't stand quite right in it. Get a large storage box with high sides. These can accommodate larger cats, and keep kitty from backing over the edge.

Besides that, be sure the cat doesn't have worms.

If your cat has ever been outside, try putting just a bit of garden mulch or bark chips over the top and see if that makes it more tempting. 

1 week ago

Try different litter.

1 week ago

She is a bad ood putty tat.

• 1 week ago

My cat use to do that. We has to get a bigger box and a different kind of litter.

• 1 week ago

One of my cats does the exact same thing, LOL! And after he's done he swipes the litter out of the tray onto his droppings. I don't know why but for what it's worth I'm at least grateful he doesn't try to do his business in other places in the house.

As for your kitty doing this, I would recommend trying to get a bigger litter tray. If that doesn't work then you may just have to tolerate it.

1 week ago

She may be too big for the litter box. Get a larger box. We use large clear storage boxes.