GG asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 month ago

Should the US government be allowed to lie to the American people under any circumstances?

The United States government feels it has the right to lie to us at any time for any reason and they abuse that right constantly. They use the excuse of secrecy, national security and others. I contend that they have absolutely no reason to lie to us ever. I contend that there is no situation where silence wouldn’t suffice. I contend that the government does NOT have the right or reason to lie to us.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I've been terribly hurt emotionally and financially by dishonesty. When our government lies to us they set a terrible example that lying is ok, so regular people lie to others and many times lives get destroyed.

Everyone lies, CEO's, doctors, politicians, lawyers, etc, It's disgusting.

• 1 month ago

Withholding Information for security reasons is not lying.   It is done to save lives, secure peace and stop panics.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Welcome to the world. There isn't a government anywhere on Earth that doesn't lie. 

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Obviously, you have never been involved in difficult situations where results are not obvious.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is legal for them to lie to us but we cannot lie to them. It is disgusting that they are allowed to lie.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.