GG asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 month ago

Should the US government be allowed to lie to the American people under any circumstances?

The United States government feels it has the right to lie to us at any time for any reason and they abuse that right constantly. They use the excuse of secrecy, national security and others. I contend that they have absolutely no reason to lie to us ever. I contend that there is no situation where silence wouldn’t suffice. I contend that the government does NOT have the right or reason to lie to us.

Favorite Answer

I've been terribly hurt emotionally and financially by dishonesty. When our government lies to us they set a terrible example that lying is ok, so regular people lie to others and many times lives get destroyed.

Everyone lies, CEO's, doctors, politicians, lawyers, etc, It's disgusting.

Withholding Information for security reasons is not lying.   It is done to save lives, secure peace and stop panics.

• Foofa

Welcome to the world. There isn't a government anywhere on Earth that doesn't lie. 

• Edwena

Obviously, you have never been involved in difficult situations where results are not obvious.  

It is legal for them to lie to us but we cannot lie to them. It is disgusting that they are allowed to lie.