if a teenager rufuses to stay in their room when grounded is it right to lock their bedroom door ?

ok when i do wroung my parents ground me ( well try ) you see the thing is i DONT do groundings i know my human rights etc, so when my parents tried to ground me last weekend i sad you have no right etc i then went out and came home drunk, my parents went mad and said you are grounded, i told them to piss off, the next morning at 6am my parents took away my tv, phone pc etc they then SLAMMED my bedroom door shut then turned the key in the lock  ( CLICK )  i had to spend the whole weekend locked in my bedroom as a punishment, it was HORRIBLE ?                                             

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Well they had every right to take away your TV and electronics but they shouldn't have locked you in your room. However your behavior makes me wonder where your parents failed with you to the point where you've become such a bratty child. Yeah your parents were wrong for locking you in your room but you were wrong too.

• car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is NEVER ok to lock a door.  NEVER !!

• 1 month ago

do you have access to a bathroom with toilet, sink and shower?  Do you have access to food/ water every ~4 hrs ?  Can you leave the room for exercise?  If not, that's abuse.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

they can do whatever they want

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's generally not a wise thing to do to prevent someone from having a way out of the house... whether that is locking them in their room or having internal locks on outside doors. The concern is that if there was an emergency, you wouldn't be able to get out without your parents to unlock the door and if something happened to them, you'd be out of luck. However, I can see how your parents would not care so much when trying to deal with a selfish little prick. You don't have the right to not be grounded... that's like an adult telling the police they have the right to commit a crime and not be arrested. Consequences are part of life, if I were your parent I would probably have reported you for running away (because that's what you did if you were told not to leave and then left anyway) and let the police pick you up. 

• helene
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This has happened to you every weekend for the past decade. 

You're some kinda dumb obnoxious *****, you know that?

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well hey!  They know that they have the right to do whatever the hell they want in thier own house!  They could even set it ablaze if they wanted

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Oh good, nothing more than another troll story to start this Monday off.  Girl, you need to write better stories...this one is an Epic Troll Fail.  

• 2 months ago

most bedroom doors lock from the inside, good try

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hmm, a bedroom door that happens to lock from the outside and can't be unlocked from the inside. I've never, ever seen that. Methinks Fire Marshall Bill would have a field day.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.