Why are young men so much more deep than young women?

I just listened to the song 22 by Taylor Swift. The basic idea of the song is that a woman is happy that she just turned 22. and she wants to party with her friends, meet new people, and have fun turning 22. I'm 26, and I remember turning 22, and the only thinking I did was about the potential of dying a horrible death some how. I was thinking about dying a lot and killing, too (How can a man take another life without placing himself in that position?). I notice that a lot of men are thinking about the deep meaning of life at that age. A lot of men are also planning on joining the military, so a lot of thoughts about death plague their minds. 

I have seen people die (don't ask me how) on the internet and in real life. And these thoughts still run my mind. So, why is it when I have a having a conversation with a woman, it is usually about clothing or friends, not the possibility of a 4th dimension?

Only in yr mind.

If what u say is true, this wd be a better world.

• KTJoe

With women deep conversations are usually based on timing. Next what you want to talk about is called man talk, spoken over a bottle of beer, with other men and not for women to decipher or ponder. We all have our moments of deep thought, the trick is do I share it or keep it.

It should be no surprise that women are genuinely happier than men. They basically have everything gifted to them at a young age and have endless men to date. Every day is genuinely a good day for a woman but when she experiences a sliver of hardship, the world is over for her. 

I don't know that song but 22 by Lily Allen isn't like that.  It's basically the opposite.  But this is the opposite of my experience.  There were certainly thoughtful young men I had as friends, but young women tended to be much more emotionally intelligent and politicised, among other things.  

It's because society is tougher on us, and I don't need to explain how, but you know what I'm talking about. Another thing is that, women have smaller brains than men, therefore, they're more baby-like. 

But you still need to be thankful, because you don't bleed, be on your period, or get pregnant. I'm not trying to be sexist by saying these, but there are reasons why society is tougher on us, because we men don't suffer like that, women do, so that's another reason why society is easier on a woman.

But then again, society can also be bad to women, since they're the ones who may get abused the most in any way, like sexually or physically abused. So it's really a blessing or a curse to be any of the genders, it's all about how you see, and handle life. And I'm not saying this as if it's easy for me, no, but this is just what I think. Sorry if I'm wrong about anything.

• Zirp

Because you judge half of mankind on the actions of a few individuals

LMAO. Your 'question' really shows how 'deep' 'men' are.

I'm impressed if you found "deep" 22-year-old guys, at that age. Seven years ago, when I was that old, other guys I knew were into partying, experimenting with marijuana, pop culture fluff (one old friend got into Doctor Who), and waffling around wondering what they were going to do with their lives.

Hilariously, the girls I knew were the ones actually trying to study sh*t and figure out what they were going to do with themselves post-college, it wasn't always friends or clothing (and it's not like people in the tropics care much about fashion over comfort, anyhow). Hell, one girl I know graduated with a degree in business and she's doing pretty good for herself.

• Foofa

Partly because Swift was 22 when she collaborated on that song and no one is a deep thinker in any practical way at that age. Worth noting that the cowriters on that piece were both fully grown men. So perhaps it's more a matter of catering a product to the perceived audience (teenage girls) than that anyone involved is really that vapid. The song made money and therefore performed as intended. 

i think it depends on the person how deep they are and not their gender