Anonymous

How to run away from home?

My dad is too strict,I hate him,he always punish me harsly for SILLY things.He forces me to respect everyone and to eat and to do homework,I hate him and I m sure he hates me too,when he punish me,he made me kneel infront of him rais ings my hands then beats me with a ruler in the palm of my hands after lecturing me.I seriously hate him,how to ran away from home?

Btw i am not his biological child,he adopted me when I was 5 

He's kinda young,he's 31 and I am 15,his wife cheated on him and took my half sister with her and left him alone...he adopted me cause he wanted to be a dad....

He has a girlfriend but he's not yet ready to marry her

Favorite Answer

LOVE IT. Yep, my ingrate of a daughter was just like you. She bit*hed and moaned to all her 'friends' about me. We had a good relationship (or so I thought!) she had everything - a tv/video recorder in her bedroom, inground pool out back. $100 a week pocket money - but it wasn't good enough for her. Then it got back to me what she was saying about me behind my back and the names she and her friends were calling me. I asked her why - and how she could stand back and let people talk about me like that. She defended them. We had a big argument one night and I'd had enough and told her to get out. She was talking about 'running AWAY' - BUT i BEAT HER TO IT BY KICKING HER OUT!! She was so clever - she even organised to receive handouts from the government!  She was even smarter when she TRIED to threaten me with court if I didn't return her things to her. Too late - I had already dumped them at the tip with what I couldn't sell at the pawn shop! She basically just had the clothes she was wearing when she stormed out. I later heard she had a boyfriend who used to beat her around. They lived together in his aunts garage . . .   Yep, she had a great life after she set it all up to get away from me! Yep, LOVE 15 year old who 'know everything'.

Go ahead and screw yourself. You don't know or appreciate the heaven you are in

My dad was very strict too, overstrict. He used to beat my siblings and I , till i turned 19 and said im done... i ran away from home.  My parents looked for me everywhere.  Begged me to go back home. Obviously i was an adult. They couldnt force me. 2 years passed and i was sstill moved out on my own. Till i decided to make peace with them and they asked me to forgive them for the strict way they were with us. Communication and forgiveness we were able to start again. My suggestion is if u cant stop your father from hitting you. You need to report it to someone you will be taken to a family member or foster care till u are 18. But sometimes thats better than the life we have

• Alan H

An alternative would be to grow up and accept that life is not all we want.    But, if need be, report the beatings

You report the abuse directly to a Child Protection Agency or the Police or you report it to a school nurse or clergy person or an adult.

If you run away you will be located and brought back home.  If you are lucky your father will refuse to allow you in the home, and you will spent the next 3 years in foster care, either a private home or a facility.

What does him marrying his gf have to do with anything?

Do you have a relative that will help you, if he keeps doing this, where is your mom? you can also call the police on him a a child abuser.

If your situation is genuinely as you described, you can report it to child protective services and start an investigation, which may lead to you being placed out of the home.  You should NOT run away ! Being in the streets, with no means of support , being a minor, you would be in danger, extremely vulnerable, and subject to exploitation. Its also a very hard, difficult existence , even without the dangers of the pandemic.  Another option might be for you to ask a relative, even a friend, if you could stay with them.  Good luck and good wishes !

the usual way would be to throw some clothes in a bag, leave the house, and not return