Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 week ago

How do people eat Watermelon. It literally taste like nothing ?

Much prefer blueberries or mangos 

• 5 days ago

get better watermelon

6 days ago

i love watermelon but its so hard to find a good one. when i do find a good one i eat all of it cause i know if i store it the taste will start to go away. but overall a really tasty fruit!

• 7 days ago

It's hit and miss just like with any fruit. I have had blueberries that have no taste at all and strawberries that are so sour too. I purchased a cantaloupe that I had to throw out, it was horrible. 

• 1 week ago

By putting it in their mouth

• 1 week ago

Maybe you're eating "seedless" watermelon?  Those tend not to be as sweet, because they're picked unripe, before many of the seeds form.  UPDATE: I got a post from user "A Hunch" saying that this was incorrect, that seedless watermelons are actually genetically triploid, and incapable of forming hard black seeds.  Although, I have bought a seedless watermelon in the past to find it full of tiny, black seeds, which is why I presumed the variety was capable of producing seeds if left to ripen.

Here in Silicon Valley, most of the watermelon sold seems to be seedless, whether whole, or in fruit cups.  When I went through the Southern US, it seemed that people preferred seeded watermelon.  What a difference in taste.  In the store, if you bought a container of cubed watermelon, it was actually a seeded melon, where someone had carefully removed all the seeds from each cube.  Labor intensive, but worth it.

• e9601:
    1 week ago

Watermelon is beyond good! The taste is fantastic.

• jean
    1 week ago

when it is perfectly ripe it is lovely and sweet.

• kswck2
    1 week ago

Try 'cooking' it on a well chilled salt block. 

• 1 week ago

watermelon is a source of water. Eat slices of watermelon having less seeds. Make a juice of watermelon having more seeds. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice to it. Add Chaat masala powder to the watermelon slice.

• Expat
    1 week ago

You’re not eating good watermelon. Where are you from and what shape are the melons you’re getting? If they’re long, shaped like a long oval, they’re always going to be more watery and lacking in flavor and sweetness. Try finding a very round one; they’re the sweetest.