How common is it to spend a hundred dollars on a dinner date?

If you and your girlfriend both get appetizers and dessert and coffee and pricy glasses of wine in addition to you entree 

And the tip you leave your server

Easy to do with a full dinner each like that.

Thats a minimum, to be honest.

It's quite common. In fact, it's easier to spend at least that than it is to spend less.

Pretty common at a ... you know ... "upscale" restaurant. I'm not trying to be pejorative (please forgive me if I sound that way). I'm just trying to differentiate from a ... say ... diner. Of course this is coming from a guy who's last meal out was KFC (which was actually eaten at home), which was picked up and paid for by my wife, so .... But, yeah, I can see you breaking through a hundred no problem. 

yes.tip 15%.....................................

• garry

yes quite common , after all your taking her to a decent restuarant , or if you think the local burger shop is classy enough . $100 i would have spent that on a date 35 years  ago .

i think 140-160 is average unless its byob

That seems about right, just a TAD on the high side, maybe. But it depends on where you are too. In New York City, that's average-to-low for a nice date--with dinner including dessert, wine, tips and cabs home. In Akron Ohio, that may be about 25% too high unless you're really trying to impress. An entree can cost you $20 each, wine about the same, dessert for two can be $25 so right there--that's nearly your hundred. The tip would probably put you over the top.

Sure, you can eat at McDonalds--but for a nice dinner date with the standard stuff, that's not really bad OR high. 

My last date I split 10 dollar nachoes with her at a bar and she was so happy! :) 

I don't have a girlfriend or I don't go out to eat, so I can't help you there. But I will say only a measly 100 dollars spent on someone you truly love is probably a waste of money.