How common is it to spend a hundred dollars on a dinner date?

If you and your girlfriend both get appetizers and dessert and coffee and pricy glasses of wine in addition to you entree 

Update:

And the tip you leave your server

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Easy to do with a full dinner each like that.

• 1 month ago

Thats a minimum, to be honest.

• 1 month ago

It's quite common. In fact, it's easier to spend at least that than it is to spend less.

• 1 month ago

Pretty common at a ... you know ... "upscale" restaurant. I'm not trying to be pejorative (please forgive me if I sound that way). I'm just trying to differentiate from a ... say ... diner. Of course this is coming from a guy who's last meal out was KFC (which was actually eaten at home), which was picked up and paid for by my wife, so .... But, yeah, I can see you breaking through a hundred no problem. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes.tip 15%.....................................

• garry
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

yes quite common , after all your taking her to a decent restuarant , or if you think the local burger shop is classy enough . $100 i would have spent that on a date 35 years  ago .

• 1 month ago

i think 140-160 is average unless its byob

• 1 month ago

That seems about right, just a TAD on the high side, maybe. But it depends on where you are too. In New York City, that's average-to-low for a nice date--with dinner including dessert, wine, tips and cabs home. In Akron Ohio, that may be about 25% too high unless you're really trying to impress. An entree can cost you $20 each, wine about the same, dessert for two can be $25 so right there--that's nearly your hundred. The tip would probably put you over the top.

Sure, you can eat at McDonalds--but for a nice dinner date with the standard stuff, that's not really bad OR high. 

• 1 month ago

My last date I split 10 dollar nachoes with her at a bar and she was so happy! :) 

• 1 month ago

I don't have a girlfriend or I don't go out to eat, so I can't help you there. But I will say only a measly 100 dollars spent on someone you truly love is probably a waste of money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.