Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 month ago

Was I right or wrong ?

I was driving and I was in the turning lane. As I was waiting on the cars to pass so I can make my turn, One car had stopped way back like it was going to turn at the store it was infront of. I started my turn and the car turn it’s signal light on and sped up. I thought they were going to turn the way I was turning because there was no where else to turn ahead of them, I thought they was going to let me finish my turn first then start their turn. as i was still turning the car came even more faster, Still had their signal light on, And almost ran into me. they blew at me like it was my fault and I really don’t think It was my fault. Im not scared or anything I just wanna know If I was in the wrong because if I was I wanna learn from this mistake and never let anything like this happen again. I can’t really answer for myself because I’m new to driving  

Evidently, you're also new to asking questions that make sense.

It's difficult to understand what happened, based on the way that you explained it. 

Was that car BEHIND you catching up to you?  Or coming toward you head on?

Were you in the center lane turning

left?  Or were you in the curb lane turning right?

You were wrong.  You are supposed to let them go first.  You are not supposed to turn first.  It was your fault.

This is in my opinion😁👍

This isn’t your fault , The driver was just being a Asshole and trying to scare you ,The driver should’ve had their blinker on when the first stopped , Not after they realized there was no where to turn , Not encouraging you to do this again but next time just be patient and careful bud , because the next time , You may end up getting injured :). 

If there was an accident, you would be at fault, you can never trust other drivers, you always have to be safe and wait and make sure they turn before you enter the lane, because if they change their mind or just have their blinker on for no reason and you enter the lane and they crash into you, it will be your fault, so always be cautious and be wary of other drivers.

SORRY, YOUR FAULT. If you'd had an accident you would have been ticketed for not yielding the right of way. Never trust the apparent intentions of other drivers. Sometimes turn signals don't turn off automatically, especially in that situation where they haven't actually made a turn. Be more cautious until you have a lot more experience under your belt. 

• Anton

You were wrong.

Left turns have the least right, none, nada, zilch.

You only go if no one can possibly hit you.

In 56 years, no one has been able to hit me.

i dont think so