Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Other - Soccer · 1 month ago

should i play my last soccer season as a senior or take this job offer?

i’m a senior in high school and due to covid my soccer season has been postponed and may not even happen, no recent updates have been made on it. because of that i started job searching and landed an interview as an after school counselor for kids, but this job would be everyday after school, while soccer practice is everyday after school too during the season. overall, i cannot do both, i have to make a choice fast, and don’t know which to choose. i don’t want to rely on my parents for money i like having my own, and i can play soccer on my free time with a bunch of friends, it’s a hard decision so if you were me what would you do? 

If you don't have a future in soccer other than for recreation, then take the job.  Soccer, unfortunately, isn't a chick magnet so you don't have that to look forward to either.

Take the job. It's a sure thing and better for your resume in the future.