Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

If COVID-19 is so contagious, why isn't everyone infected by now?

And why isn't wearing a mask and washing your hands enough to stop it?

@Hope! -- Good questions. Maybe questionable takeaways.

Covid virus has also its limitations like any other living things.

Because people who do catch the virus recover in a week or two, and to give it to someone else there has to be contact. Simply walking past someone isn't enough you would need to be facing each other very closely for like 15+mins to give it to someone else.

The virus also doesn't live long on surfaces (much less time than people think), viruses need a living host.

People have to be in contact with other people.  Some never are.(Farmers, ranchers,roofers, painters, and some can't avoid them such as sales people) Not everyone is infected yet - it will hit some and miss some, kind of like machine gun fire into a crowd of people. Check out link.https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countri...

The U.S. is doing it wrong, for India has 10 TIMES THE POPULATION and half the deaths.

China -there they wear masks because the air is polluted so a reason why that country with 10 X's the population of the U.S. has so few deaths.

To find out how many people have or had the virus, would it be a good idea to test used masks for the virus? Droplets from peoples breath must be caught in the mask therefor instead of swabs taken from noses and mouths of people send the used masks safely to a lab to be tested.

Because people need to stay out of social situations or situations where they are close to others, especially those who are coughing.  

Because some are wearing masks and social distancing unlike my father who partied with his friends last weekend. 

• Hope!

and here are some other questions to ask yourself:

1) if my spit is so deadly that I need to wear a mask, or risk killing you, then why do they need to go way up your nose with a swab, to test for the virus?!

2) I live in Canada. It is 'dangerous' for me to drive across the border into the U.S., ALONE in my own car, but I can hop on a plane (requiring me to be in 2 crowded airports, and on a crowded plane) and that is totally safe! 

3) if social distancing works, and the masks work, then why do we have to self isolate? Why can't we go in the hospital or nursing home to visit people? Why can't we attend funerals etc? 

4) why is it safe to go to a BLM protest, but dangerous to go to church?

Let's face it - this is about Agenda 21 and not about a virus.. 

The masks are the biggest joke of all.. look at what doctors said about masks, prior to Covid - they are meant to be warn by surgeons, to keep germs out of incisions.. a mask doesn't keep out a virus.. Take a grain of salt, and divide it 100 times.. that is the size of a human cell. Now take one part and divide it again 1000 times - that is the size of the virus.. a mask is like trying to keep a mosquito out, using a chain link fence.. It's all a plan to control the population.. don't take the vaccine

Because most people are immune from it due to having had some other coronavirus at some point in their life. Young, healthy people also are too strong to be effected by Covid19 and therefore they may get the virus and not even know they have had it. The coronavirus is just a new flu, it is not Bubonic Plague like CNN suggests.

• Physical distancing, wearing masks, staying at home when you're sick / not feeling well, and washing your hands regularly, sanitizing and keeping regularly touched surfaces clean does help. That's why not every one has it. Some people are taking precautions so they don't end up with covid 19. I do those things every day and I haven't been infected with it. I also limit my exposure, by not going out a lot. I don't go out to malls, bars or restaurants, or movie theaters. If I have to go out, I wear a mask if I'm going to be indoors, and I practice physical distancing with people I don't live with. 

If we continued to live life as normal, a lot more people would be infected. 

Wearing a mask and washing your hand is enough to stop it - why do you think it isn't?

However, the reality is that there are a large number of people not wearing masks or taking the proper precautions. Its really that simple.I guess it is people like you that are the problem. You make statements like it is an all or nothing situation. But you don't care about the facts and reality. The facts are that if everyone went about normal routines that nearly everyone would have Covid-19. Sure, there will be some people for simple lack of exposure to other normally that wouldn't get it. And sure, there may be a few people who are naturally immune.