Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 1 month ago

What is your most enjoyable memory of McDonald's?

I have loved McDonald's since I was little I remember the commercials with Mac Tonight and the awesome happy meal toys of the 90s. Mac Tonight had a cool look, a great voice, and a super cool car. My love for McDonald's is strong. My mother took me there for my first fast food meal, after telling me she went to the very first McDonald's that opened back in the olden times. 

I remember when McFlurrys came out and everyone went crazy over them...

I remember super sizing my meals!!! Yummmm

• Stopping at a New York state travel plaza with my then-girlfriend coming back from Woodstock in 1999 driving back to Toronto.  We were both starving, parched (we forgot to bring water to drink) and exhausted.  They were open, and never has mediocre fast food tasted so good.  We were that in-love couple holding hands.  I'm not a big pop drinker but damned if that Coca Cola didn't taste like the nectar of the freaking gods.  One of those 'life was perfect' moments. The food was meh, but the fries were freshly cooked (we got there just before midnight).

• HMFan

When my parents would go out for an event around dinnertime (which was NOT often), they would get me dinner from McDonald’s. It was a treat for me.

leaving..........................

LEAVING to the DUB across the street.

Ha ha ha...You sent me down memory lane. When I was a kid in the 60's, going to McDonald's, Sandy's, or Burger Chef was a real treat. It didn't happen often, so you made the most of it. Just the memory of being there with my family makes it special. Its a shame that the fast food industry has become so competitive, that customer service is almost non existent. I look back fondly at those trips, but I would have to be a heartbeat away from dying from starvation to go to any fast food joint now.

A clean toilet i dont eat there

2 big mac's, fries and coke.

i loved the ball pit! 

• F

Leaving.        

This will date me somewhat:  like you, had heard of McDonald's and Mom was driving a bunch of us kids home from a game or such and we pestered her to take us there.  I was hungry - but not much money on hand.  Doing some rapid math, I found I could try everything:  a hamburger, a cheeseburger, fries and a shake - and get 24 cents change back from my one dollar.  Hooked - and always got a kick out of watching them cut the French-fries. . . . until they went to frozen.