Do you make your own dough or sauce for homemade pizza?

If yes, what is your recipe if you don't mind sharing?

If not, what dough and/or sauce do you buy, or do you never make homemade pizza?

• CB
    Favorite Answer

Yes, and Yes

Dough - (no knead) for 2 - 16" pizza crusts

2 cups milk

2 tsp yeast

1 Tbl evoo

whisk together and start adding flour - keep whisking until smooth add more flour repeat until the whisk start to clog with dough.

Then Add 1-2 tsp salt.

Keep adding flour and stirring with a sturdy spoon until dough becomes tacky- and you can handle it - knead it a couple times just to shape into a ball place in oiled bowl, cover and leave it on the kitchen table for 20 yours. 3 hours before you are ready to use punch down reshape into ball place back into the bowl. When ready roll out and shape like any fresh pizza dough.

Save in fridge for up to 5 days, If you like more crust just up the milk content. 

Time can be shortened to 8-12 hours with similar results - great way to use milk that is on the verge of sour. 

Sauce

16 oz can diced tomatoes

3 oz tomato paste

2-3 TBL diced onion

1 clove diced garlc

1/2 tsp oregano or italian seasoning 

pinch salt

Everything in a sauce pan over low heat covered for about 1 hour stirring occasional. Blend ingredients with a stick blender and cook uncovered until thickens to your liking. 

No, I don't have time for that because I actually have a busy life!.

• denise

I've never made pizza dough, but I've built one with a ready - base and used just a marinara sauce on it. 

• IvaB

When I make homemade pizza,I usually purchase the dough from a neighborhood pizza shop,or buy a pre-packaged one from the market such as Pillsbury.For the sauce I use a small can of tomato sauce that I "doctor" with garlic,onion and a few spices.

Yes, we make pizza from scratch at home.

• Judy

No.  For the dough, I take a loaf ciabatta bread out of the freezer and pop it in the oven for a few minutes to warm it up.  Then I take it out of the oven, cut it in half from the side, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on it and then I spread some store bought pasta sauce on it.  I put my favorite toppings on it, place the loaf back in the oven until it's thoroughly heated. 

I like to use frozen sliced peppers with onions, and to that, I add sliced black olives, feta and sometimes mozzarella cheese.  Then I drizzle some EVOO on top and lightly salt it before putting it back in the oven.   

My sauce reeicpe is the 20 minute spaghetti sauce on the can of Hunts tomato paste and then I add stuff, like chopped onion, garlic, peppers, saute'd first.

• kswck2

Pizza Dough

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Misc

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

7 grams packet active dry yeast

3 cups all purpose flour -- Can use 1/2 cake flour as well

1 teaspoon salt

olive oil or PAM

1/2 cup cornmeal -- for coating pizza paddle

Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup lukewarm water. Water temperature should be no higher than 115 degrees as yeast will die. Set aside until yeast begins to activate(foam up a little), about 10 minutes. Combine flour and salt in small bowl. Set aside.

Add 1 cup flour mixture to yeast and stir well with wooden spoon or your hands. Mix in 1/2 cup water, then add cup flour to mixture and continue to stir. Add remaining cup flour, and gradually stir in 1/4 water, a little at a time till a dough is formed. Dough will be soft, but not too wet.

Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead dough with the heels of your palms until it has a smooth, uniform texture, about 10-12 minutes. Divide dough into 2 even balls. Coat the insides of two clean medium sized balls with oil or spray wit Pam. Place dough into bowls, core with a damp cloth or plastic wrap.

Set aside for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until dough doubles in size.

Punch down dough into a ball and roll it out to make one 12 inch round. Do not overwork dough as it will become tough. Punch down other dough as well. Make sure the pie now has a slightly raised rim-so toppings don't slide off.

Coat Pizza paddle with cornmeal and place dough on top. Add desired toppings.

Coat pizza pan with cornmeal as well. Slide pizza onto stone or pan. Bake at 400 degrees, 12-15 minutes or until crust is brown.

Remove pizza from oven and slide 2nd pie onto stone and bake 12-15 minutes.

Description:

"Makes Two 12 inch pizza's"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I make a dough by cutting 3/4 cup butter into 3 cups whole wheat flour and gradually mixing in 1 cup whole milk. I just buy whatever sauce seems neato at the moment. But I brush the dough with olive oil after baking, broil it for a min or so to seal it up, then put on the sauce, broil that real quick, then have cheese put in a blender (on ice chop pulse) mixed with olive oil, garlic, and herbs. That and usually various veg goes on top and you guessed it, broil once more.

• Olive

I just buy frozen pizzas from the store