Shawn asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 6 months ago

English please! If you made a reservation for a boat rental. and if someone asks where you're going, do you say "I'm having a boat rental"?

Or "I'm going boat riding?" or what do you say? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If someone asks you "where are you going," they mean to what place, such as Cuba, or Jamaica. "I have a boat rental" means the means by which you are going. It would be more idiomatic, however, to say, "I have rented a boat," in answer to the question, "how are you going."

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'm going to rent a boat. 

Simple! Don't overcomplicate things!!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You could say, I placed a reservation for a boat rental, is this where I’d pick it up ? Or , I made a reservation for a boat rental . Or,  Is this where you pick up a boat that I’ve reserved with a reservation? You wouldn’t want to say, I’m having a boat rental . Although they would understand what you want , it’s not the proper way to say this. If you have anymore questions like this feel free to email me . hollielewisrose@gmail.com

• 6 months ago

You say:  "I'm renting a boat" or "I'm going to rent a boat."

"Having a boat rental" sounds like you're trying to rent the boat to someone else,  and even then no one would say it like that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

neither sound natural

Source(s): dutch/NL
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I might say: "I'm going to pick up the boat which I have hired. I'm having a day at sea". Neither of your ideas feels natural to me in Britain.

Note that I am British, so I would 'hire' a car or a boat.   Americans 'rent' cars and, presumably, boats.

In Britain only apartments and houses and other forms of building are 'rented'.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i think either one is okay

Lv 7
    6 months ago

I rented a boat and I'm going boating.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.