asked in SportsTennis · 2 months ago

was that tennis player from Serbia deserving to be kicked out of the US open just because he accidentily hit a referee with a tennis ball ?

anyone wonder what would have happened to the great and honorable George Floyd had he been in same situation? why? what about Jacob Blake? or Breonna Taylor?

Favorite Answer

No.

1. If the video I could find is reliable, he did not hit the ball with full strength and speed...

2. when players are serving -- full force and speed - line judges ,usually can avoid the ball...

3. I could not see -find a video what happens with her, but it seems to me that she was not focused on terrain...

4. If I had a ticket , sitting, watching...I would not like arbitrary chosen winner...

5. By the way, technology could replace line judges, right now, we have an additional reason - for their own safety.

(I've copied my own answer on similar q( 1+;4-))

Just to say it , again, it is not ok when rules are above tennis( or any other sport competition).

I don't know for players you have mentioned, I barely could reconstruct what happened from short video - which shows Djokovic's forehand from elbow ...by the way it seems he did not change the direction of the ball!?

• 3 days ago

it's a clear rule violation and comes with an automatic default

Most definitely.    He fired what could be a lethal weapon at an innocent line judge in a fit of rage.    Rules is rules, whoever you are.   The man needs anger management help.

• Yes- it's a clear rule violation and comes with an automatic default.  Same thing happened 3 years ago to Canadian Denis Shapovolov who got defaulted for the exact same thing during a Davis Cup match.

• Kieth

Rules are rules, he acted out and that got him on his new career path as a guy in an insurance commercial.

• Biff

They would also have been kicked out, and deserved it. But they still don’t deserve to be dead right now.