was that tennis player from Serbia deserving to be kicked out of the US open just because he accidentily hit a referee with a tennis ball ?
anyone wonder what would have happened to the great and honorable George Floyd had he been in same situation? why? what about Jacob Blake? or Breonna Taylor?
- Srbo SutaricLv 52 months agoFavorite Answer
1. If the video I could find is reliable, he did not hit the ball with full strength and speed...
2. when players are serving -- full force and speed - line judges ,usually can avoid the ball...
3. I could not see -find a video what happens with her, but it seems to me that she was not focused on terrain...
4. If I had a ticket , sitting, watching...I would not like arbitrary chosen winner...
5. By the way, technology could replace line judges, right now, we have an additional reason - for their own safety.
(I've copied my own answer on similar q( 1+;4-))
Just to say it , again, it is not ok when rules are above tennis( or any other sport competition).
I don't know for players you have mentioned, I barely could reconstruct what happened from short video - which shows Djokovic's forehand from elbow ...by the way it seems he did not change the direction of the ball!?
- 3 days ago
it's a clear rule violation and comes with an automatic default
- Verulam 1Lv 74 weeks ago
Most definitely. He fired what could be a lethal weapon at an innocent line judge in a fit of rage. Rules is rules, whoever you are. The man needs anger management help.
- 2 months ago
Yes- it's a clear rule violation and comes with an automatic default. Same thing happened 3 years ago to Canadian Denis Shapovolov who got defaulted for the exact same thing during a Davis Cup match.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- KiethLv 72 months ago
Rules are rules, he acted out and that got him on his new career path as a guy in an insurance commercial.
- BiffLv 42 months ago
They would also have been kicked out, and deserved it. But they still don’t deserve to be dead right now.