J asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

How can I upgrade my RE4?

2005 was when I enlisted into the USN

I had a great recruiter who really meant well for me, she explained everything thoroughly, the problem was I was fresh out of high school, a little immature, and seventeen. I didn't know what I wanted.

I successfully graduated boot camp in Great Lakes, IL. I was sent off to A school where I was retro for months to class up. I was little impatient and homesick I wanted to get out of the military because at the time I didn't know what I had which was an opportunity to do something meaningful with my life.

I ultimately ended up seeking out the attention of a psychologist and blatantly told him that I couldn't take being there and that if I didn't get out I would go AWOL. I was so stupid and didn't really think about actually going AWOL. I should've just stuck it out.

I got my wishes. I was separated with a JFX code and an RE4. Also my discharge was uncharacterized because I wasn't in long enough (180 day period) so it's as if my time there was nothing.

I would like to get back in because I'm not defined by a code, I made an immature decision and mistake. I was just very young and it sucks that you don't know what you have until you lose it.

I'm seeking the help of any recruiters/any military lawyers who are seeing this, with the hopes of some advice or direction as to how to get my discharge upgraded to be eligible for reentry.

3 Answers

  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can't, it's over, move on, period.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Military lawyers can’t help you. No one can help you, you screwed up and now you have the code for the rest of your life.  Forget getting in and move on. 

  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    You don’t.  The code is correct. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.