What are your thoughts on the TV show called Glee?

Fox TV Show of Glee (2009-15).

Cast of Characters:

1. Santana Lopez (Played by Naya Rivera)

2. Kurt Hummel (Played by Chris Colfer)

3. Brittany Pierce (Played by Heather Morris)

4. Finn Hudson (Played by Cory Monteith)

5. Sue Sylvester (Played by Jane Lynch)

6. Blaine Anderson (Played by Darren Criss)

7. Mercedes Jones (Played by Amber Riley)

8. Quinn Fabray (Played by Dianna Agron)

9. Sam Evans (Played by Chord Overstreet)

10. Rachel Berry (Played by Lea Michele)

11. Tina Cohen-Chang (Played by Jenna Ushkowitz)

12. Mike Chang (Played by Harry Shum Jr.)

13. Artie Abrams (Played by Kevin McHale (Actor))

14. Burt Hummel (Played by Mike O'Malley)

15. Sheldon Beiste (Played by Dot-Marie Jones)

16. Noah "Puck" Puckerman (Played by Mark Salling)

17. Will Schuester (Played by Matthew Morrison)

18. Emma Pillsbury (Played by Jayma Mays)

19. Marley Rose (Played by Melissa Benoist)

20. Ryder Lynn (Played by Blake Jenner)

21. Jake Puckerman (Played by Jacob Artist)

22. Unique Adams (Played by Alex Newell)

23. Kitty Wilde (Played by Becca Tobin)

24. Terri Schuester (Played by Jessalyn Gilsig) 

Favorite Answer

I liked the first two seasons only, then it started to decline for me. The songs were great, sung with a lot of respect for the original source but with their own modern twist. I liked the absurdity of the situations.

Of the main characters I liked: Santana Lopez, Brittany Pierce (though not as a couple), Will Schuester, Sue Sylvester, and Mercedes Jones (Played by Amber Riley). 

I never thought of Finn Hudson as a strong lead. Quinn Fabray, Tina Cohen, Mike Chang, and Artie Abrams were just meh, and many times I couldn't stand Rachel Berry (besides I don't like Lea's heavy breathing when singing). I didn't care for Kurt Hummel or Puckerman either.

And I really enjoyed Kristin Chenoweth as April Rhodes, she was my favorite guest. What a voice!

GREAT MUSIC....

• Snid

It was only okay to me.  I loved it at first but then it got kind of lame.   I couldn't stand Lea Michele and that turned me off from the show, too.

• It's just a musical show I think. I've seen bits of it long time ago. 

I thought the singing and dancing was great but the story lines were over the top and the characters were unconvincing caricatures.  I made it through a couple seasons and gave up.

well in each show they would sing popular songs and I found in many times they sang it better then the original artists

• garry

its  entertaining enough if you have the type of mind  that is easily entertained .

The first 3 seasons were really good but it became really draggy and boring after that.

I think producing a good weekly musical TV show is very hard.  But I don't think glee was very hard because I don't think it was very good.  I watched for about 6 weeks because EVERYONE I knew was making a big deal out of it and despite the fact that I thought it was poor, I wanted to give it a chance.

I thought they used far too many unoriginal songs, and too often the songs had nothing to do with the plot or characters development.  Glee was less a 'musical' than a low tier dramedy where they sang random songs from time to time, but that musical gimmick fooled a lot of people into thinking it was better than it was.

To me, the musical to look at was the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Every song had meaning and import to the characters.  The plot of the episode FIT with the plot of the season and the long term show arcs and character arcs.  The fact that they were singing didn't mean the plot was on hold like it was in glee.

But I know musicals on TV are tough.  Another show that did it WAY better than glee was Crazy Ex Girlfriend.  The songs were relevant to what was happening.  

I thought it was a good show. I stopped watching it when Cory Monteith died and his character Finn was killed off.