Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSan Francisco · 2 months ago

Is the Monterey Bay Aquarium a fun place?

I heard it is small 

Favorite Answer

What are you looking for in an Aquarium? Monterey is fabulous town, with many attractions. We saw an amazing exhibit of jellyfish there once. But It don't know if I think of aquariums as "fun". You might be happier at the one in Seattle. 

• Aaron

I feel that aquarium  is a fun place ,it's inappropriate to go to aquarim at this time ,because Aquarium may be closed down due to corona virus ,you 'd better consult the aquarium staff to know more about the specific situation ,otherwise ,when you arrive at the aquarium ,they will turn you away ,

You have selected a best answer, but I will answer anyways.

To me it was a fun place.  I liked learning more about marine biology. The aquarium is huge and an almost all-day excursion.(Look for the Molamola (Sunfish.))

Also you may want to visit the outlet stores in the mini-mall near it. 

Source(s): Former resident of Northern California.
  • Ramiro

Its good 👍. Its bigger than you think. (2 Stories) Plus the tanks for most of the fish are HUGE. Lots of live shows as well.

Yes, the Monterey Bay Aquarium is a great place to visit.

It's a good aquarium.  'Fun' is subjective.  Do you like watching otters play around or a sunfish cruise along?  It's location is great on the water.  They try to show you everything in their natural settings as close as possible.  

Atlanta has an aquarium that tries to be 'fun'. I don't recommend it.

I've been there a few times and I find it excellent when it's not crowded. But like all the good aquariums, sometimes there are so many people talking and crowding the exhibits it's not much fun at all.

I went to Monterey the day after my brother's funeral and sat for hours watching the tank with the Pacific sardines. It was serene.

It's OK, I like Baltimore's better.