Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHonda · 2 months ago

Is a used Honda CR V a good first car?

I'm looking at some older ones, 2008/2009. Is it reliable? Comfortable? We also get a lot of snow around here, so i thought the AWD would be useful.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Used cars are economical to millennials and z generation in terms of learning curve and have opportunity to interact with service advisors about maintenance. 

• 1 month ago

Thebax2006, I usually agree with you because you know what you're talking about. However, you have the years mixed up: The 2008 and 2009 CRVs didn't use a CVT yet. They had a 5 speed conventional automatic, so they should be fine. The newer models do use a CVT though, which I agree, is not the best.  

• bo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Snow country. then look at Subaru's they go through anything nothing against the Honda but think you would be better off with the Subaru

• 2 months ago

Better make sure the owner had that CVT transmission serviced every 60,000 miles. Those CVT transmissions are known to fail a lot and the dealer has been giving original owners an extended customer good will warranty if they have records of servicing the tranny. Toyota RAV 4's are one of the few AWD vehicles that don't have a CVT transmission so I recommend buying one of those.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Barry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Honda build excellent, reliable cars. Look for full dealer service history, test drive the car and it should be fine. Low miles and low number of owners, even on an older car, is preferable of course.

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Had one.  Leased it for couple years.  Ran good.  No problems.  Also comfortable with extra room for family.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.