Don't drive, got a baby on the way, no job (been looking) any ideas on ways I could make some income? ?

I'm trying to come up with cash quick for a trailer on a small piece of land here in maine. For me, my woman and my dog. She has a job right now... I flip things and search for things on market place etc to make cash quick like dirt bikes/video games etc but lately been lacking due to pandemic. Almost thought about making a GoFundMe but idk that's not my thing and I know nothing about it. 

Dude, you guys act as if I don't make money etc and never had a job. I am not lazy. I don't live in the city either. These comments I'm getting make you all sound younger. The woman has a job. I still make hundreds flipping motorcycles etc I'm looking to find some other ways. My woman has a job too. I'm almost 30 it's a good time to have a child. I'm in a place. She has a car I just haven't had any rides to get my license yet. She hasn't passed her test yet. Answer my question!!! 

• n2mama
    Favorite Answer

I’m not really sure what you expect people to suggest. You have no education or significant skill set based on what you’ve posted. You live in a remote area with no jobs and no transportation. But expect random people on the internet (most of whom do not live in remote Maine) to be able to suggest ways you can make money given the limited info you’ve provided. 

If you’re good at mechanical work can you get a job as a mechanic or provide services as an alley mechanic? It sounds like something in that vein might be the best use of your skills. It’s nice that your woman has a job, but she is going to have to take some time off once the baby comes, so you need to prepare for the idea of no income for a while if you can’t find a job before then. Having a child isn’t about the age you are, it’s about your circumstances. Most people think it’s a good time to have a child when they have a stable relationship, stable income, secure housing, and some money in the bank.

And your GoFundMe isn’t going to be successful, many people have way bigger issues that need help, and fewer people are in a position to provide financial help to random strangers these days anyway.

• ?

I guess you're going to have to take the bus to any job you can find.  Out here in CA, every time I go to the market they don't have enough registers open, so maybe try that.

• Rick B

Why don't you have a job?  What are your skills and experience?  Do you have a college degree?  Either get an education or training in a trade.  If you can't get a college degree in a field that is in-demand, perhaps a trade would be better?  Go through a welding program.  Or plumbing, or electrical.