Why do teenagers these days have such horrible taste in music?

• Ona
    Favorite Answer

Most older people think the younger ones have terrible taste in music. Most younger people think the music of the older ones stinks. We all love the music we grew up with, and music is different--sometimes drastically different--from decade to decade. 

To answer your question, I do not understand how teenagers can listen to that crap! 

• 1 week ago

There has always been the so-called generation gap. But you cannot govern your life by that. Appreciate whatever type of music that appeals to you regardless of what era it's from.

• ?

What about the Spice Girls of 25 years ago?

Pretty arrogant question to be honest. Hey don’t judge my music but let me judge yours!!

this is the most stupid question i've ever seen

The hell with that. Don’t conform to what some people call "taste". Take charge of your own life. Listening to whatever pleases, you don’t need anyone’s approval.

My generation listened to a wide range of different music. This new generation of teens believe everyone should listen to hip hop. I hate that. I listen to rock and different types of other music. Sameness is boring. I feel sorry for these kids, they never got the chance to grow up listening to a variety of different tunes. 

I blame it on their parents.

I remember my mother and father saying the exact same thing 40 years ago.

Maybe music these days is just horrible constantly - i.e. slim pickings.

I just LOVE how they sell out by including rap and rock in the same song.

Anyway I think no matter what era we're talking about, young people eventually dig up classics/timeless songs and they do get impressed by them.

I was never into classic rock but at 38 years old I'm JUST discovering Rolling Stones. 

As a kid I always thought the lead singer was just weird and silly, but I understand the band now especially since I just bought a bass.

It is NOT as easy as they make it look. 

I was born in the '80s, but looked up a song from the '60s, "For What It's Worth," because I recalled the lyrics and that song sure fits these times we're living in. 

As a kid I thought it was a boring, bland song - but the lyrics fit 2020 so precisely.

Because in part, they're victims of the music industry. They'll just accept whatever is put in front of them. Some are smart enough to resist the manipulation and instead listen to real music, like 1970s and 1980s rock 'n' roll.